Monday, August 22, 2005

Thirty Thousand Pounds of Bananas

July 16th 1981, we lost a wonderful story teller. I think occassionaly we have to be reminded of people like him that were here and shared something so amazing with us.

His music touches me, his stories. You know it's funny growing up I never listened to his music. Then when I got married I was introduced to his music. I know now that we get comfortable in one spot and never step outside of that. This goes for everything in life. That's where I am comfortable, though it's becoming uncomfortable to me.

Today I found some music I haven't listened to in several years. Harry Chapin's Greatest Hits is one of them. I remember one of my favorites to sing was Cats in the Cradle. I sang it to Tom because he was always gone when Matt was little. He was working a lot of part time jobs. I still love the song and it's still a relevant song.

I started out listening to a Willie Nelson cd and one song hit me hard and started me feeling kind of low. I had forgotten how touching some of his music is too. Then I put Harry on. Do you know he was 38 when he was killed in an accident? So much talent and taken so quickly. *smiles* I've oftened wondered where he got his stories from. I love his music.

All my life's a circle
Sunrise and sundown
The moon rolls through the night time, till the daybreak comes around
All my life's a circle
and I can't tell you why
Seasons spinning around again, years keep rolling by.


In closing... Yes there were thirty thousand pounds... of mashed bananas... hehe