Sunday, October 24, 2004

Day tripping

Today I had promised my mom that I would go to a family friends birthday party. I had almost talked myself out of it and had actually already started thinking up reasons why I shouldn't go. I bite the bullet and went.

As we were pulling up I saw a man saddling up an horse. My mom came to greet me. Told me that was Roland and he was saddling the horse up again for the kids. So I was introduced to everyone. Didn't see Gary (the family friend). So mom said let's go down to the barn. So we were walking down and my dad was walking back up with another man. We stopped and talked then Roland was coming up with the horse, riding him. First thing that hit me was he didn't have a chin strap on the bridle and the horse was not under control. So I told him find me a rope and I'll fix that problem. We went on down to the barn where we found Gary. Gave him a big squeeze and started talking horses.

They really know nothing about horses and have gotten some bad advice.

So I was searching for a chin strap. Gary asked for my help with some stuff. I needed to be there around that horse. His bridle was ill fitting, they are using a cheap ass bit. He has a sore in his mouth where the bit was rubbing. I showed them all of that. Then we went back to the barn after the birthday cake. I walked the horse down and I can tell you the way he acted he knows they don't know what to do. So I grabbed a halter took his bridle off and was showing them the different brushed. They didn't have a hoof pick some I used something else. Found out the horse has thrush. It's not a big deal as long as you take care of it. SO I told them how and told them what to use. They said the man they had talked to said if you keep him in a stall you don't have to clean his hooves. Well, my sweetness popped right out of my mouth when I said he is full of shit. LOL So they were begging me to come back up because they really know nothing about horses and they also have minature horses.

So I agreed.

I'm sitting here smelling my hands which still smell like a horse that needs a bath. lol I'm settled.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cerridwyn's Cauldron said...

*grin* there, now aren't you glad you went? ;)
*hug* Glad you got to get horsey today!!!
XOXOXO
Shonna

9:42 PM 
Blogger Georgia said...

Are you kidding?! Horses are what got me to the UK... You know that Mab... The only horse she showed me was a statue... Dammit! I was tricked!

Lucky for her on the way to Glastonbury I got to see a lot of horses. However Froggie also tempted me with horses. Ok I saw them from the car but the is NOT the same. I was tricked again!

Damn UKer's... hehe

Yes I am glad I went. Since I promised I'd go back I have to... Yes, I know... I'm a martyr.

9:55 PM 
Blogger Mab said...

Next time, I'll show you the Uffington Horse and see if the wild ones are around Bradley. :-D

You get to go back! Yay! I didn't know about that bit. I'm all kinds of grinny for you.

yours
Mab
xxxxx

7:28 AM 
Blogger Georgia said...

Oh that would be so cool to see Uffington. :-) We didn't see wild horses at Red Rock did we? We saw wild Burros. Somehow it's just not the same.

I can't wait to come back. I'm just not sure when yet.

8:33 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home