Sunday, October 24, 2004

The Fog

In the middle of the grove she sat. She had come to meditate but was unable to calm her mind. There was so much happening in her life now, she couldn’t even find peace here. She fell back in the grass with a heavy sigh. “Why, why is it that I can’t find peace even here?” The clouds rolled by and she watched with little interest. A butterfly came and fluttering around her unnoticed. This little wren came flitting around her chirping. Finally a dragonfly came buzzing around and landed on her stomach. This amused her for this dragonfly was not concerned with how she pitied herself. It sat upon her belly and refused to move. She was so distracted that the fog rolled in unnoticed. Slowly the grove was taken over. The dragonfly flew from its perch on her stomach. She sat up and looked around. The grove was gone and she sat in a field. This field had very little of the spiritual energy the grove had. It was a beautiful place but there was no connection here.

She was a stranger in this place. Standing she walked to where the altar had just stood. There was nothing. Turning slowly looking around her she saw that even her dear tree friends were changed. They were not the large majestic trees she had known. Their branches dropped close to the ground and their energy was weak. She walked to the oldest of these trees to speak to it. “Greetings old one” she reached out placing her palm on the tree. She felt the tree move back from her touch. Slowly she pulled her hand from the tree watching its aura. “Old one, why did you pull away from my touch? I would never harm you” she spoke softly. The tree finally spoke to her. “You, fair one are the old one not I” the tree had said. “I do not understand friend” she spoke not moving. “We have not seen your people in hundreds of years” the tree said sadly. “My people? Do you mean that people have not been here on earth for hundreds of years?” she questioned. The tree quickly said “No old one there are many people still. I meant the people like you who know of our spirit.” She nodded her head understanding. “People have no concern for us and damage us knowing that it hurts us” he told her. Reaching out to touch the tree again she saw that he did not pull away from her. He let her feel the pains that had been suffered in her absence. Tears fell from her eyes at the pain they had suffered. Her hand slipped slowly from the tree.

She had felt they remembered they were to be the guardians of the grove but the grove was almost gone. The grove could not die she thought. Unconsciously she walked the grove speaking to the quarters as she was building the energy. Images of the past in the grove flooded her mind. The energies raised, the rituals shared, the solitary rituals, they all were building in her mind. She found that the despair that had been weighing heavily on her mind was gone. Her feet became lighter as she began to dance the circle. A song came to her and she sang as she danced. The trees began to dance also, their leaves rustling in the wind as the energy was building.

*************

That's all I havd managed to write on this. It started with a spell that was playing in my head about trees. By the time I got to the point where I could use the spell it had left me. Hopefully I will be able to finish this. Though I usually have no idea why I write some things this one kind of leaves me to think I am the tree.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixie said...

(round of applause)!

I loved this, please continue....

1:19 PM 
Blogger Mab said...

WOW!

More! More!

5:37 PM 
Blogger Georgia said...

Thank you both.

I'm going to try and write more on this tomorrow. Having connected with horse today I may have the motivation needed.

9:32 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home