Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Gods, Goddess, or Us

I realized something yesterday. While I was out feeding the fish my mind was racing. Moving around as quickly as the fish were. The whole time I was out there my mind raced. It thought of things I need to do before Tuesday night, things I need to take with me, things going on online, my dad, Tom's stupidity, the yard work that needs to be done, should I wash my car or not, definitely needs vaccumming. All these thoughts in a matter of seconds and they kept moving in my mind. In the background I could hear the waterfalls and the fish eating. Yes they are noisey. The dogs were running around the yard, butterflies all over the place and my mind raced.

My mind actually grabbed a thought that didn't seem like anything would come of it. When I went to bed though, it decided now was when I should explore it. I was too tired and my eyes hurt too much to write it down or even turn the computer back on. This however was what the thought was.

I thought about the discussion that was happening about time. How some saw it and others took a more scientific approach. I realized why I wasn't getting myself involved in that thread. I know that time is not linear. How you say? I have no proof, but I know what I feel inside. So at this time I know it is, say spiral. The point is all the science in the world does not mean it's the way things are. Those things are only what science has found. They know there is more but they don't know how to "prove" it. It seems that a lot of scientist need proof to believe in anything. Funny thing though, do you think atoms needed science to prove they exist? Some things just are. We don't have proof that there is a God/dess. Heck even seeing "diety" could be said a trick of the mind. One night after having just moved into this house in a dream I found myself in complete darkness. Not a scary darkness just darkness. I remember looking around and wondering where I was. There off a little ways in front of me a woman started appearing. I watched as she approached me. I was afraid of her not did I wonder what she was doing here and who she was. She stopped in front of me and smile this incredible smile. She said Inanna and then I woke. It took me a while to find much on her. Did I have an encounter with the Goddess Inanna? Or did I have an encounter with my higherself? *grins*

What is a miracle? Nothing more than something we never thought could happen. People who are healed through touch or going to a sacred place. It's about their belief that they will be healed. They have so much to do with it themselves. Then you ask why doesn't everyone just heal themselves? That is where our beliefs come in. I don't believe that very many people believe they have any say in it. They are here and everything is out of their hands. God gave them this sickness because *insert reason of the day*. So in their belief, if God saw fit to curse them with the disease then they deserve it. I've always had a bit of a different out look on God than those who were around me. It never occurred to me that God did these things to me. It was just things that happened. Now I'll admit that, for example when Sassy almost died so many years ago, I promised God anything and everything if he would let her live. It wasn't that I blamed him but he can heal so why wouldn't he care about Sassy? *grins* I don't feel silly about having done that because it was like a prayer. The vet didn't think she'd make it through the night. She did and was only sick twice in all those years. It wasn't because I asked God to step in that she was healthy, is had to do with her make up and me will. I like to think it was our combined will to stay together that did so.

Why did we need to give diety a name? I guess we needed to be able to discuss diety and it came about. I have no idea. The Gods and Goddesses are known by many names but are they all the same God and Goddess? Is there both a God and a Goddess? Or is there only one with two faces? These are questions that will be different for all of us. We may agree on some points with each other but still we will find that there are little differences.

None of the above matters to anyone but me, see these are the things that make me grow. To question, to find my truth out there with some many other peoples truth bumping against mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gryph said...

Cool thoughts. Have fun :)

10:07 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think time is linear either. I thought maybe like a circle but the spiral feels much better.

I don't know how I know either... it's just there.

Roxanne

6:22 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home