Friday, October 07, 2005

Soul Thinking

The soul conversation took me back to a lesson with Bear (as a person not the animal).

He and I were talking about soul groups. At the time he went as deep in the conversation as was needed probably but it left me wondering.

Bear said that soul groups worked together to help each other move forward. This sounds logical to me. We went on to talk about things that happen in peoples lives. The good, the bad and the really ugly. This is where things got a little unsettled for me. He said that when we have trouble learning something that we will ask another in our soul group to help us with the lesson. Ok, that made sense to me. Then we spoke of examples. Molestation, child abuse, spousal abuse, and so forth. In other words some heavy stuff. He said “who would you trust to teach you such a lesson but another in your group”. I thought yeah ok. Because when we are not in a body or on this plane we aren’t the same. We don’t have the same attachments to these feelings we are so fond of.

Now being who I am I have a bit of trouble with the thought of not having feelings. Maybe it’s because everything I do is loaded with feelings and I can’t imagine not having them. I don’t know.

Anyway, we spoke of a type of situation. Say a mother or father who abuse their child. Bear said they (being in the soul group together) would have made this deal before this life came along. This is where I get a little off balance about it. I’m sure it’s because I’m thinking with my feelings showing. Why would someone choose to be born into something like this? How does karma or Law of return (which isn’t really a law) fit into it? Would it damage the other soul? Or is it that the other Soul will learn from committing this kind of abuse?

I’m sure I’m looking at this on a simple level and that could be where the problem lies, though I have to admit that we sometimes make things more difficult than it is suppose to be. That could be it instead. Maybe I’m trying to make it more difficult. Why not choose to learn these lessons on an easier level? Or is it that the soul needs to experience everything?

Interesting how I wind up with more questions than answers.