Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Good Friends, Wedding, and Gumbo

My adventure began with me being nervous for two days before going. I would have backed out if I didn’t love Heather so much. LOL I kept being told everything would be ok.

I get to the Parking Spot, which is the lot I left my car in, determined that I wasn’t going to keep being nervous. When I got to the airport I got all checked in and things were running smoothly. I got my seat and I sat next to this nice man from Augusta, GA. A southern gentleman it seemed. We talked some and I put on my audiobook but just couldn’t get into it. I wasn’t nervous now about going but wondering which face I needed to be looking for when I arrived. It was Heather! I swear, she is such a beautiful woman. We got my luggage and headed out.

I was trying to watch the scenery and keep up with the conversation. LOL As we started up the mountain I started checking out the trees and land. Just beautiful… Then Heather point out Estes Park, it would have made such a lovely shot but do you think I remembered my camera? LOL We drive into town and Heather is pointing out things and then she says there’s Shonna. Heather blows the horns and hollers out the window. LOL Shonna turns around then this great smile comes on her face. We park and Bella comes out of the store like a rocket, I was debating on locking my door. Hehe I got out and she attacked me and we just kind of held on to each other. It was so great seeing her again. Dang and she is still just as beautiful a person as she was the first time I met her. Then I got to hug Shonna and the hug lasted a good long time. It was so good “seeing” her again. Then I got to give Elen good hugs and squeezes. William! OMG’s ! Is he getting big! He is such a cutie. I walked through Bella’s shop just in awe of how wonderful it felt and the shinies. I also met Amanda (she works in Bella’s store), who is a very lovely person too. There is way too much in Bella’s shop and I wanted to buy a lot but I did good and didn’t. It’s a personal goal to watch my spending. LOL

Like Shonna said we went and got something to eat and listened to this fellow play and sing. She didn’t mention William’s drumming. LOL He did really well. Then we went back to Bella’s shop and I looked around some more. All I can say is wow, she has beautiful jewelry in there. There were shinies I wanted to buy just because they were gorgeous. It didn’t matter I’d never wear them. LOL I know that’s not how you are suppose to do it. I secretly did some people watching which was fun. Even with all the people running the streets you could see the beauty of Estes Park. Caleb and Aaron came in one followed a little later by the other. I got a hug from Caleb and I couldn’t believe how much he had grown since last year. Then Aaron, he is such a card.

Then Bella closed up and we went to the house. I love Bella’s house, it’s so like she and Brian. Open and loving. They got me settled and I agree the couch is way too comfortable. I could have crashed there and not moved for the rest of the night. LOL Shonna and I laid on the sofa and talked. It was so great to be sitting there with her and just talking. We could have been talking jibberish and I don’t think it would have mattered.

I finally got to meet Groom Brian. *grins* He is so sweet! Man what a great energy he has. You couldn’t help but feel like you’ve known him forever. I met many nice folks on this trip.

I almost didn’t cry during the wedding, then Brian did and I couldn’t help it. Busy with William almost helped but it was so touching to just see how moved Brian was. Thank goodness for sunglasses. ;-)

Oh just for everyone to know, Bella does make you sappy. LOL

Shonna did a wonderful job and the ceremony was so touching and just wow. The people in the Wedding party were beautiful. Probably the only time I got nervous was when Elen insisted on hugging the dog Maggie. I didn’t trust that dog, she had the look in her eyes. I finally got kind of snippy with Elen cause she wouldn’t stop hugging the dog. I was so worried she’d get bit in the face. I know how fast it can happen, been there, done that and have the scar to prove it. I have to say that Pixie and Dirk agreed they wouldn’t trust the dog either. Kids just don’t realize that hugging dogs may not be taken well by some of the dogs. Oh and William…. What a faker on crying. LOL He just wanted someone to play with. Caleb would come over while William was crying and William would just beam.

I got to meet BUFFY! She is great, I was so happy that I got the chance to meet her. She is so funny… You know she dumped some of the juice from the gumbo in my seat to see if I’d sit in it? Ok, maybe she really didn’t intentionally it was the wicked wind that would whip up ever so often. LOL

PIXIE AND DIRK!!!!! I was so glad to get to see them again. They are so damn cute together.

The gumbo was fantastic… For that fact I enjoyed everything I had to eat. I stayed away from the Tabasco. My stomach would have pitched a royal fit and I didn’t want to be in the bathroom throwing up again.

We went back to Bella and Brian’s house and sat around and drank wine. It was so much fun to sit with Bella, Brian, Pixie, Dirk and Shonna. I think we talked about everything under the sun. lol There were even some serious conversations. It was really great and I wish it hadn’t ended as quickly as it did.

I woke up almost every morning at 6:30 mountain time. I sure hated saying goodbye to Shonna. I really wanted them all to stay just one more day. The bagels were good and the company was great. They left and we all got dressed and off to work. I stayed and looked around for a while in Bella’s store then took off to see what else I could see. Finally I wondered into Brian’s store and he is such a great salesman. I went and got some lunch at Chicago’s Best which was Brian suggestion as a good place to eat. The chicken sandwich was HUGE! Two people could have been happy with one sandwich and fries. LOL Oh I bought some braided sweetgrass… I love that smell. Back at Bella’s and she said you want to go see The Stanley? I was OF COURSE! So we took off and walked around looking at things. When we left we both agreed we didn’t see or feel anything. I laughed and said I scared the ghost away. We drove a way up the mountain but Bella didn’t have Brian’s pass so we didn’t go into the park. It was still just beautiful. I was feeling a little sad cause I knew my time was coming to an end. We got back and finished the day in Bella’s store and I even got to help her make a sale. :-D

So back at the house we went and then Brian and Heather showed up and we just waited for the food to heat up. Another round of gumbo. Hehe It was good sitting around and just chatting again. Of course the night ended too soon cause we were all just so tired.

I woke up at 7:00 with a start. Got all my stuff together and dragged it all downstairs. Grabbed a cup of coffee and a doughnut. LOL Bella comes in so she and I got some good one on one time, which of course seemed to fly by.

I won’t talk about saying goodbye…


To the airport I went with Heather and Bean. I’m glad to report that Heather got to eat at Sonic’s. lol I really hated to leave because it was such a nice visit. I need to win to big lotto so I can just go around visiting folks. :-D

2 Comments:

Blogger Cerridwyn's Cauldron said...

I love you, you know that?
*hugs*
XOXOXO
Shonna

7:26 PM 
Blogger Mab said...

Oh thank you! It feels a little more like I was there again.

Thanks for taking me.

8:13 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home