Friday, December 24, 2004

Okkk

I'm back to reading Women on Top.

She is at the point of talking about how men and women look differently at love and sex. That men have these two things separated in their minds where we women don't. That men are afraid of reconnecting because they found their sexual indenpendance when they were young. We, women, spent all our time making sure we were connected. Such as the slumber parties, doing all the girly things together with our girl friends. Well some of us did that and some of us didn't.

I loved this part she wrote about after a night of sex the man is all energized in the morning ready to go to while the woman is wanting him to come back hold her and reconnect. To feel the same feeling that she felt during their love making. To feel close to them.

I had never thought of it like that. Really I had never given it any thought. I guess though it is about being close. Though I have to admit you don't have to have sex for that close feeling. I like holding hands or sitting close to the person I love. There are times I want my distance, my space, but I still like knowing that person will be there. Maybe going someone where with that person and sitting and just watching, knowing I can just lean into them or that they can touch me.