Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Who Are You?

Or maybe it should read who am I? I've been thinking on this and it seems like it should be a simple question. It's not. Trying to define who you are isn't easy. Well it's not for me. What makes it difficult is to be honest with myself. Not to be negative about myself.

Part of the problem is that it is easier to see the bad in myself than the good. Actually it easier to tell the bad about myself than the good. I keep fighting myself even typing this.

So why do I feel I need to say only the bad things about me? Why do saying good things make me feel like I'm lying? Why is it hard to say good things about myself without feeling embarrassed? Do other people go through this also?

I do know that Tom was wrong when he said that I was mean and hateful. Heck I wasn't even being mean and hateful at the time! The bad thing is I that I keep thinking he never has even seen me unleashed. I had one close call but I still held myself in control.

Oh! And the hardest thing for me is to say something nice about my looks. I notice when someone else says something complementary that I just about cringe. I need to work on this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you were probably told too many by He Who Shall Remain Penisless that you were worthless or mean etc etc. After a while we start believing it. But we shouldn't. I can say that you are a beautiful, caring person. You are fiercely protective of those you love and you're honest. Plus, you're honest about your faith and don't let people tell you its wrong.

Lurve ya!
Anna

12:33 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home