Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I wanted to wait a couple of days before I wrote about Mike's passing.

I've said that I thought Mike would be surprised at how many people's lives he actually touched. The truth is I think he is there in the Summerlands smiling saying I touched all the lives I wanted to touch. I feel like he knows that we would all want to morn him but he had left us with a piece of him that told us that to celebrate him was so much better. He wanted us to know it's ok to do both but in the end to be happy. Being happy was so important to him. He taught many of us lessons and fulfilled his needs for this time.

I read the memorial page to him this morning. I shed some tears but you know, he really touched so many of us that it's hard not to. As I continued to read I began to smile and my heart felt lighter. I realized how wonderful it was to know a person like him. Someone that made you want to mother him, and keep him safe.

I get the feeling he is sitting by his river understanding just how wonderful it is to be home. To relax for a while. Planning for when he comes back. I bet a part of him wishes that it was important enough to give FtE a hard time about him being more knowledgeable. They were really cute together.

Yes I will miss seeing his words, however I love knowing that he touched my soul.