Friday, August 13, 2004

Ok, I'll continue now...

Jo started calling putting on her posh voice and trying to ransom me for mead. The deal was that they would personally bring two bottles of mead... of course we planned on keeping the one who delivered the mead too. ;-) So anyway, Jo was calling and got accused twice of having a fake British accent. So we had a great time. The last call was to Cerr and Jo had falling into Black Country so much that even Cerr couldn't understand her. LOL So I talked with Cerr told her that Phoenix was weak. He was laying on the futon and said I'm not weak I can still hear but my eyes are closed. *giggle* Finally I hung up from Cerr. Jo was out on the bean bag and phoenix on the futon. I staggered to my room, giggling... I was up bright an early... Washed up the dishes and cleaned up a bit. I figured it was the least I could do for what they were doing for me. :-) Kate fussed lightly at me for doing it and then Phoenix said I didn't have to. I told him and Kate I didn't mind and it was just a thank you.

So it was really great spending time with all of the folks. I had so much fun just talking with them. We had great conversations about the differences. The differences in words was a lot of fun too.

Then dear sweet Froggie was suppose to show up but his car had other thoughts. So he didn't make it when he was suppose to but made it the next day. It was so good to finally meet him in person. He was larger than life. Wonderful person. A very dear man. I'd have taken him home with me but I couldn't figure out how to get him in my suitcase. :-D So he stayed the night and the next day he took me off to some nice country. It was so relaxing there. I could have stayed there for days and just enjoyed being with him and nature. We walked and stood in the middle of a grove and felt the energies. I got him to tell me what different trees were and we talked about the trees at my house. I got to see my first rowan tree. :-) I just love trees... I always feel like I need to touch them. Then we went out into the field and walked through the heather. I was gifted with a nice sprig of heather which I took back and gave to Phoenix and Kate. Just felt right. We got drizzled on but very little. We sat on a bench in the field and I talked a little about Sassy which made me cry... I took some pictures and we started walking again. We decided we should get something to eat but missed the food at the pub. So we had a drink and then headed off to find food. We had a bite to eat then back to the house. I really enjoyed spending my day with him. Then night time, I swear there just weren't enough hours in the day.

Now the moot was a lot of fun. I met Kel, who is fabulous btw. So we got in there and started the moot. Singe was funny and presented me with a Bravery Award. I'll scan it and see if I can get it to post here tomorrow. Andy gave Trevor the cutest little frog that he found at the store. It was really cute. Right there at the moot I ate Froggie... Oh you dirty minded people.. They were gummy froggies. :-D

Then we headed down to Glastonbury. It was really cool and exciting as we loaded up to go. We stopped half way and I was hungry so Trevor said we would grab a bite. Everyone was still there so as we stood there he told them we were going to get something to eat. At first we said we would sit down then changed it to we'd grabbed it to go and be right behind them. So off they went and we stood in line. Now I have to say that the popcorn chicken over there is very different than ours. Ours is mostly breading. LOL So that was a surprise that there was meat in them. LOL I have to say though our fries are much better. We decided to share the popcorn chicken meal. We went out and got in the car and hurried to caught up with the others. The funny thing is that Jamie had to stop for fuel and the others were waiting for her so we were hurrying to catch up with no one. LOL Oh well... So much for communications. *grins*

As we went, we had a great talk. I really enjoyed that. He told me about the area and I was pleasantly surprised when he took me and told me about the peat fields and how they took the peat. How they were starting to put trout ponds on them. We stopped and went into one of the fields. There were those wonderful huge hay rolls. Gods I love the smell of hay. I really do. I was leaning into it breathing in deeply. The smell took me back to my days with Sassy. I always loved the hay. So I had a roll in the hay. *giggle* Then Trevor headed me some peat and I loved the way it felt in my hands. He showed me some wild herbs and explained about why the willow trees were cut to make them bushy. As we started to leave I saw them digging the peat up and saw a trout pond. He drove through the back way I think but I so loved seeing the country up close like that. Having Trevor tell me about it was wonderful. So we got to the camp and the tents were up mostly. So I grabbed mine and Andy was sweet enough, and well knew I'd be lost on how to put it up... started showing me how to put the tent up. Trevor had to leave and go to the shop or something. So we got the tents all up and then decided to walk into to town. It was great but still hard for me to get my head around which way to look for traffic. LOL So we walked around a bit but got in too late to do any shopping. So we went to the George & Pilgrim for a drink. I was sitting with Kate in the window seat and felt like somebody drained all my energy. Momma Kate told me to go and lay my head down on another table and nap. Good thing she did or I'd have fallen over on her and drooled on her as I slept. :-D I was laying there drifting off and having some dream when I heard Trevor's voice. I woke up to see Trevor and another man. Trevor introduced him as Brian. He had told me about him so I knew who he was. Brian and I had a great talk and he showed me the different feelings of the elemental energies. That was great. Brian invited us to the moot and I wanted to go. So I was tired but the gang was hungry so I sat and talked with Brian while they went to eat. Then Brian had to go home and Trevor said the others would be back in 10 minutes. So I begged him to stay and talk with me until the others came back. Yeah I don't like being by myself that much. So they came back and Trevor left. We went up the street and got mead... then headed back.. A wild woman blew the horn at us and it was Mab, Aud and Ian. LOL She carried back the mead. We got back and they were putting up Ian's tent. I have to say here that Ian is such a wonderful person... :-) So they got the tent up and Mab wanted to go into town. So I told her I'd go with her. So, Mab, Ian, Aud and myself went into town. Walked around and tried to figure out which store Trevor should take over for his new space. I was so proud of myself cause I remembered the way. :-) We went to the G&P and had another drink. It was a lot of fun. They finally made everyone leave. So we got back to the campsite to find everyone else had gotten tired and gone to bed. BUT they left the light on for us. That was really sweet. Finally we all crawled into our tents and drifted off. When we got up Andy crooked breakfast for us. He really does and great job cooking. I had a bacon sandwich... a vegetarian bacon sandwich. It was really good. Back into town we went. We ran into Trevor at the Blue Note and had a drink and we were off to shop... Of course I forgot to mention we were early and had to wait for everything to open. LOL So we were off to shop. I enjoyed the window shopping a lot, then headed to Trevor's shop. Of course if I'm spending money I wanted to spend it with a WGer. So that's what I did... I loved his store... Just like I said though I show up and so do others. LOL I guess that's good for him though. :-) So We got to meet his jeweler neighbor.. Nice man... Walked around and walked around....

More tomorrow... :-)