Thursday, August 12, 2004

Leading up to the trip I was so excited. I was having some trouble sleeping but wasn't sure if it was because of the excitement or not.

Thursday was the day I was to fly out. I was nervous and had gotten packed the day before. I pretty much ran around like a chicken with my head cut off until it was time to leave. I've never been anywhere by myself. Tom said he would drive me to the airport so that was a one thing I didn't have to worry about. Michael went with us to the airport. I almost teared up but went ahead with a brave face. I went in to the Continental Airlines desk to get my boarding pass. They tagged my luggage and weighed it. The limit for one bag is 70lbs and mine weighed 63lbs. I was glad I had taken some things out of my luggage. LOL So I get my boarding pass and walk over to where I drop off my luggage so they can xray it. The older gentleman there looked like he could do with a kind word. So I said hey to him and asked how his day was. Cranky bastard... shouldn't have said anything to him. So I went off to the terminal to the gate I needed to be at and waited. I grabbed a bottle of water and then boarded the plane for Newark. The ride was fine nothing really interesting happened. For that fact I'm not sure I got on the plane cause I don't remember that leg of the journey at all! LOL So I arrive at Newark and of course I have NO idea where I need to be so I asked someone that worked at the airport and he was a bit curt but I think it was just his way. I didn't feel like it was meant to be that way on purpose. So I was off again. Got to the gate and started noticing more and more people talking with weird accents. Then my brain slowed down enough to go oh yeah, these people are headed back home. So I got up went and got another bottle of water and some cashews. I sat down and in a few minutes the woman and her daughter came and sat down. I couldn't stand it any longer not knowing anything about the airport I was flying to so I asked them about where someone would met folks who where picking them up. They were really sweet and told me and then said everything would be fine. I must have had a terrified look on my face or something. The whole time I thought I was being rather brave. LOL

So it was time to bored and I got in line with the rest of the folks. Got seated and this sweet older woman asked me if it was too cheeky of her to ask to switch side of the plane. She was on the left hand side by the window and I had the rightside by the window. She said her left shoulder was hurt and couldn't lean on it. So I said I'd be more than happy to switch with her. She kept thanking me. I was starting to feel like I had given her a million dollars or something. LOL So off we go. The couple that sat next to me were really pleasant and we had a good time talking. I watched as the sun disappeared and the plane was noisy. Then it seemed like all of a sudden everyone got quiet. There I was unable to sleep. Nervous and restless. I tried to sleep and finally gave up on that and decided to go visit Froggy astrally and bother him. I sure wish I could remember more when I do that. LOL So I was sitting there and got thinking about Michael and had to go give him an astral hug. Slowly I could see the horizon starting to lighten. I watched as the band grew taller. The people on the plane started rousing and the sun finally popped up. That was a beautiful thing to see. Such a brilliant red, so impressive but within a minute or so it turned to a hot white color that could burn your eyes out. They had the monitors down which showed the progress of the plane. I watched as we crossed over Ireland and started getting a really good feeling. I started relaxing a bit. There was this little boy who started getting anxious and crying and soon his mother brought him over to his father who was in front of me. I thought great... this is just what I need. It didn't take too long before he decided he liked me and started flirting as little ones do. So he and I wiggled fingers at each other until right before we got off the plane. I grabbed my stuff and got off wondering what would be next.

I wondered towards the immigration folks and the lady I got didn't have very much personality. Looked at me rather suspiciously. She started asking me question. Why are you here? I replied Purely pleasure. She looked at me and repeated the question so I repeated the answer. She raised her eyebrow. I started thinking what there is a problem with pleasure? Then she ask who I had come to see, how long I had known them, how I knew them... So I guess I answered her questions satisfactorily because she let me in. So I go stumbling through the doors and my eyes drifted to the right and I found the crew. All I can say is that when we saw each other I think we all beamed. Jamie was absolutely adorable. She was jumping up and down. So I get over there dragging my bags which I think really weighed a ton and didn't know what to do first. Everybody got a hug. Even Jason. He said you don't know who I am. I said I know but you're getting a hug too. LOL Aud was beaming, Andy was standing there grinning and Phoenix looked so serious. I liked his energy right away. Then we started walking and Jamie had this great idea. The loo... Thank the Gods... I needed it. No I didn't use the one on the plane. *grins*

So we came back out and stood there talking for a bit because of traffic. I talked to Kate and she was upset about not being able to be at the airport. I assured her it was ok that I'd be at her house. Then we were off. Those first conversations were great. I found out that getting a driving license of there is much more rigorous then here. A lot more expensive. I started talking and doing my normal investigation of vehicles around me. Started noticing the differences in styles and such. They had walkie talkies to use between the cars but honestly we couldn't hear very well what was being said. I was just glad it wasn't because I was having trouble understanding anyone. LOL They all made me feel at home right away which was really great. They gave me two presents at the airport and one was from Kate. I thought it would be nice to wait for her to get there before I opened it since she didn't get to come with... So we got to the house and I wanted to crash but I was just so excited about meeting them all I couldn't. Let me say for the record that Phoenix is a great host. I'll tell you about Kate's abilities as hostess later since I'm doing this on a timeline. :-)

So we were all there having a good time. I was enjoying listening to them and their energy. Kate finally got home and I just loved her right away. Then Jo called and did her babble fish thing. When she showed up I thought one of us would pass out. LOL She hugs great too. :-) So we all sat there and talked and enjoyed each others company. The next day I was sick, yep staying up all night Thursday night got me. I felt like I would die. I hate being sick. I hate feeling bad period. Anyway, so I got through that and felt much better. Then when we broke out the mead well... it got funny. Kate decided to be good and not imbibe. So there we sat and Kate rolling her eyes every one once in a while with good reason. Then Jo decided to start calling people.

I'll finish the story in a bit. ;-)