Monday, March 01, 2004

Monday, Monday

You know I haven't dreaded the phone ringing since Tom retired from Police work. This morning it rang at 8:29am and I knew. See I had been thinking since 8:00am that I needed to call my mom. I was waiting for 9:00am as I never call someone before that time in the morning. It was my sister in law Susan. She told me about my dad. So we talked for a few minutes and she said that my brother Guy was calling my sister Gay who is in Montana right now. So I hung up from Susan called Matt (my oldest) and asked if he had heard and if he called Gay. He said no but he would. So I was waiting for my brother to get home and come over since we were riding the hour and a half drive to the hospital. I decided to call Matt again. I said Matt did you get hold of Gay? He said I'll called her cell but got no answer. I said Matt did you call the cabin? He said no they are at the ranch. I said fine did you call the ranch? He said mom Doug and Janet are out there too. (They are my sister's fil and mil). Then he went on to tell me that it was 3 hours earlier. I said I'm aware what time it is in Montana Matt but Gay will be really pissed (angry) at you if you don't call her and let her know. Doug and Janet won't care. So he got hold of her and she called me as we were headed up to the hospital. We got to the hospital and found my mom, talked the nurse into letting all three of us go back. They are only suppose to allow two. So we went in and mom insisted on waking him up no matter what Guy and I said. LOL Not that it did much good. I gave dad a kiss on the head and he said thank you then he said where's Guy. LOL So I sent Guy over and dad went back to sleep. *grins* They gave him a sleepy shot.

They then moved him to Intensive Care but the surgery one. A just in case thing. So we went in and saw him after they got him settled in. He slept most of the time, that or the nurses kept waking him up. *grins* One of the good things is the nurse came in to check his grip strength. My dad said I don't want to hurt you. She laughed and said I'm tough. LOL So he squeezed and she kept saying harder, harder, then OWIE. She laughed and said she really hadn't expected him to have that much hand strength, so she was happy with that. He didn't have any feeling in his right thigh.

We decided to go eat at 1:00 while he slept. When we got back he was eating and using his right hand very well. There is no drooping in his face, so that is another good thing. He has to stay in the hospital, they said for 2 days up to 2 weeks depending on how he does.

We talked with mom about getting dad to sell his tractor. Dad had planned on working in the field with his tractor.. It was a good thing that it happened before he got on the tractor. So we talked about getting him to sell some of his guns and other stuff. We are now concerned that he shouldn't be using his saws and stuff. Only because he is starting to be forgetful. Ok, I need to go answer some emails.