Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Life, yes there is life

I'm sitting here thinking about where my life is going. I don't know what I want. What do I want in life? I fee like a little seed being blown through the air. Not sure where I'm going to land, when I land if I will germinate and grow... What if I wither and die? Heck I could be like one of those weeds that just keeps coming back no matter what you do to it. Right now though I'm feeling a little more like one of those delicate plants that if the temperatures change too much just up and die.

I just want to know who I told that I wanted to be a water sign in this life. Surely, they got it wrong. Why would I ask for emotions? I mean really!? These emotions are like a tsunami. Somewhere deep inside of me there is a quake in the heart and the next thing you know this.. this.. thing comes sweeping over me. Nothing can stand in it's way. All I can do is watch it and think how can someone have that kind of pain inside. This is something that is for the betterment of me yet still I see the ocean shiver from the quake beneath it. The ripples turn to waves and the waves into the tsunami. It's destructive.

On that thought line. Normally I am able to find the good even in the destruction. Just as a forest fire sweeps through thousands of acres, soon mother nature smiles and the plants push their way to the sunshine. The volcano send the lava down. It burns and destroys everything it touches including nature. Yet with some time the land is renewed and life springs forth.

Now I have to think about tornados/hurricanes. Air... rushes in meeting up swirling into a dance that is extraordinary. A hurricane born out on the water, dances it's way through the ocean. She picks up speed and strength from the water. She is impressive. When she hits the land that's when she decides her destruction. In she comes, ripping trees from the earth, blowing houses down or maybe she only takes parts of them. Ah the cars yes, she picks one up and places it on top of another. Lives may be lost, people shaken to their very core by her. What good came from that? I don't know. Maybe someone need to have their house rebuilt because it was in bad shape. *shrugs*

Earthquakes come and rip apart things in it's path. She twists structures. The earth rumbles, groans, screams, she complains greatly. What good did she do in shaking up peoples lives so badly? Is she shaking people trying to say look what I can do to you anytime I wish. Take care of me now! Pay attention to me!

Then comes the tsunami... Yes my element. She grows as she moves across the waters on earth. At some point she becomes a huge wall of unstoppable water. A force not to be taken lightly. We think of water as soothing, calming. Yet with her rage there is nothing gentle. Maybe she washes the land of it's ills. Maybe that is what these watery emotions I have are. They wash my ills? Try to renew me in some way? Well, I guess there must be much to do if that is what these emotions are doing.