Monday, March 21, 2005

Rivers and ocean

I found myself on a lake in a boat traveling around. The odd part is there were 3 of us in three boats and none of us had paddles. It took a while but we got to where we were going. I remember looking in the water and it looked just like what lake water is supposed to. There was enough visibility there to see a little ways down but not to the bottom. So it seemed like I got interrupted in this dream but found my way back to the dream a little further along. I remember looking at the people with me in the other boats and all of us paddling along with one hand. My brain tried to tell me we couldn’t get anywhere like that but the boats were moving so it quieted down. Then we were going faster and laughing and having fun. We come to this one part and there were a couple of trees in the water. It was close to the shoreline. So I scooted around them.

Then I was on land but at a beach. Actually though I was in a cave that was at the beach. There was sand in the cave so I knew that water came in the cave. I was playing in the water outside of the cave having fun going back and forth. I moved away from the cave and turned to go back but when I looked at the water I became concerned with what I couldn’t see below it. It was deeper right there in front of the cave mouth. I tried to tell myself it was ok but another part said but you can’t see to the bottom. I stood there for a moment and then the water was gone. It revealed a large hole. Not one that went straight down but back at an angle. It also appeared to have a solid base like rock around it. It was very well used and was probably maybe a foot across. I remember thinking how scary it was because that had been hidden by the water. Some creature used it was its home and I had been stepping right over it.

Next thing I knew I was climbing back up to the cave. Since the water had receding you couldn’t just walk into the cave. So I was climbing up the rocky face to get inside. While I was near the top the hand hold became loose, I struggled and found another rock to grip. Then I saw cinder blocks below the rock. I grabbed that and pulled myself on up. I played in there for a while and went back out again only the climb back up. It wasn’t a struggle really but it tested my strength. I was enjoying myself. This goes on for a bit and I can see other people around. One boy came into the cave with me and we talked and played. From the cave you could look out onto the ocean but what was strange was I could see huge snowy mountains on the other side. It was really beautiful from there. I could see all the people playing around. A friend of mine told me she was going so I climbed down and got on some kind of transportation with her. It was like a bus/boat/train… I never figured out which. I looked back and there was a man made barrier where these kids were playing. It looked like a mote. It curved towards the right running out towards the ocean. It began just below the cave. I watched these kids running through the water laughing and playing. I remember smiling at the fun they were having. We seem to be going into town and were being shown sites. Then I was in an area which I’m guessing was like a holding area. People were just sitting around laughing and talking. Drinking something cool. This black man was talking and apparently they were having some kind of game. He was like a reporter but wasn’t. It was weird. Apparently there was a football game coming on and he was trying to get the folks in the mood for the game. He was trying to see who was for which team. I couldn’t tell who the teams were, one was familiar but the other I hadn’t heard of before. He had gotten this little girl to help him. She would run around and sit in someone’s lap and they would tell her what team they wanted to win. She sat on my oldest son’s knee and he told her the team he thought would win. It brought boos from the opposing side and cheers from his side. I just laughed and hoped the man wouldn’t ask me. I remember seeing a doorway just past my son. Then I woke up.