Monday, April 19, 2004

Yesterday a while after Tom decided to tell me what to do and I put it back on him...

He was down stairs and he called me from his cell phone. So there I sat answering some emails I picked up the phone and said hello. Here is the conversation. I'll put T for what he said and G for what I said. T "Hello baby bear". G "Hello". T "what'cha doing?" G "Nothing". T "Nothing?". G "Nope". Then I hear a bell go off in his head. T "Just sitting on your fat ass?" G "Yeah something like that". T "I just wanted to apologize for going off about the tapes earlier". G "yeah".

Now the funny thing here is his tone was so sappy sweet with the baby bear thing. Then I felt this huge *oh shit* come across. Then he tried to keep the same tone but failed miserably. As the tone was more... Ummm... flat.

So when he came upstairs to go to bed I popped up with... So dialed the wrong number did you. He said no. I said don't lie. You've never ever called me baby bear. He tried to deny it but before he went into his room he said. I thought I covered it well. I said not even close.

So now I know some of you are sitting there going she ignored the fat ass comment! :-o! Well, yes I did. I've heard it some many times, that it's nothing new. He said the same thing earlier when I told him to let Michael drive him. LOL He has always been like that. Of course he would tell you that he never says these things to hurt my feelings nor has he destroyed my self worth. That's another story all together. He actually has told me that the things he has said like that were to motivate me. What a dumb ass. Yeah, telling someone negative things all the time is really going to motivate them.

I know there are things that will set me off in future relationships. One will be negative things that Tom would have said. Oogling women while with me. I really don't mind a man noticing a beautiful woman. Heck I've pointed both men and women out. To sit there though in a conversation and turn your head to look is just rude.

One of the last times Tom and I went out to dinner we were sitting there talking and this girl walked by. I could feel him following her. I stopped talking and when he looked back I said "And I will not miss that". He looked surprised and said "and I' won't miss that". Referring to what I said. The thing is I've never said anything about it before. I just wanted him to know how annoying it is.

I have thought back on past relationships and how the men were. The first guy was such a whore dog. Yet when I was with him he didn't look at other women. It wasn't like he purposefully didn't notice them, he just didn't look. The next one well I wasn't around him enough but he paid attention to me. LOL The one who was just a friend and would have never been anything more of so focused it annoyed me. LOL Then there was John... another whore dog. Yet, he still did not follow women around with his eyes. Your wondering about the whore dog thing I know. LOL Well, the first one was but I was so in love... he is the one who absolutely broke my heart. It's ok now though. John. LOL Well John I knew from school so his reputation proceeded him. I wasn't serious about him and that drove him nuts.

Something I learned from those relationships was once the relationship was over ties were cut. Heck John is a policeman that works where Tom use to. It was actually a pretty funny thing when John went to work there cause Tom knew all about him. LOL Anyway, John is on the dive team and they were helping my dad out (who is retired from the same department now) and they were under his boat checking it out. They were doing exercises so they helped dad out. LOL Anyway I didn't know that they were there and went to see my mom and dad at the marina. I heard John before I ever saw him. I was standing a the deck of a boat talking about what a great party boat it would be. Then he saw me. He quit talking got off the boat and disappeared. My mom looked at me and I shrugged. That is pretty much the way all the guys have acted after breaking up. I don't get it but... well I'm not a guy. Oh a funny. I saw John at a friends (another policeman) birthday party. HE saw me and went into another room. Well, the friends wife knew I had dated him and she just looked funny at me. I was in the kitchen talking to John's wife. *grins* So I waited an appropriate amount of time and went to where he was and forced him to talk to me in front of all these people. They all were looking funny and John looked like he had been caught. Now to me it was funny as hell because we dated. Nothing more than that. Later I found out that he was screwing around on his wife. No big surprise to me.

Anyway , my point is the relationships ended and so did the contact. It's just strange.