Monday, July 18, 2005

Dad - update 07/18/2005

I don't know enough about anything right now.

Dad is going home today and he is so thrilled. I had to laugh, while mom was telling me about him going home I could hear him in the background. She laughed and said that he told the nurse if the other nurse, that shows them how to care for the bag, doesn't show up by 11:00 he is leaving. He reasoning behind that is that check out time is 11:00. Mom said that she had a feeling that he would be released so she had packed everything before she left this morning to go to the hospital. She said he wouldn't want to stop by on the way home. Believe me, she is right. lol

Then she said he wants everyone to come up on Sunday. Now this simple statement doesn't sound too bad does it? Then she followed it with he has something he wants to tell you all. You know how you get that feeling you probably don't want to know what someone wants to tell you? I've found in my life that every time a person has ever told me those words it was something I didn't want to hear. This time was no different. His test results came back this morning and his cancer is at stage 3. Now those of you who know about cancer understand this. I don't. I do know that they want him to do both chemo and radiation on him. I always know that I'll be reading up on the stages of cancer.

I found this just now as I was searching.

http://ibscrohns.about.com/cs/colorecalcancer/a/crcancerstages.htm

"Stage III
Cancer that has spread outside the colon and on to the lymph nodes in the area surrounding the colon is known as Stage III. In this stage, the cancer has not spread to other organs in the body, and treatment is more aggressive. Surgical resection of the colon, chemotherapy, and other medical therapies may be necessary. The five-year survival rate is 35 to 60 percent."


I just don't know what to think right now. My emotions are still so raw from the news...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Aud xxx

11:03 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Georgia, I'm so sorry. I could send all the energy in the world but who knows what will happen. Please know I love you and will be here for you.

Anna

11:16 AM 
Blogger Cerridwyn's Cauldron said...

**huge huge holding on hug**
Love you. Don't make me come over there. I will, you know.
XOXOXO
Shonna

11:19 AM 
Blogger Myriam Maytorena said...

Georgia you continue to be on my mind. I just wanted to mention that my brother-in-law is in remission for 40 years. I have faith and hope in your father, your mother and you.

Love
Myriam

12:38 PM 
Blogger Wild Mountain Gryph said...

you can call me at 316-612-0410 if I am online just let me know. So much love to you and the family. (((((((HUGS)))))))

4:14 PM 
Blogger Puffer said...

****BIG HUG*** I'm so sorry to hear this, BUT he's in such high spirits that I think he will beat this.. Your dad sounds like a strong man, with a will and a fight in him.. .. Love you..
If you need me you know where I am..

Love,
Heather

8:09 PM 
Blogger Mab said...

Mmmm... I don't hear any fat lady singing...

I'll try calling you again tonight.

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Mab
xxxxx

6:48 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home