Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Catching Up

I'm covering several things in this post.

(Last week)
When Dad decided that they were going to stay at my house the night before surgery I had to go buy another bed. Now mind you, I wanted to get a king bed anyway so this was a good reason to. So I went mattress shopping with Tom. He needed a couple of mattresses also and the guy said he'd give us a better deal. So it worked for Tom and I both. So I found two that I liked. The one I liked second was their best mattress. However I liked the one that was one step below because it was softer but had lumbar support. Plus the price on the best mattress was actually $200.00 less than the other. So I reluctantly gave in and said I'd take the best one. So we are checking and they wouldn't be able to deliver it until this week. I wanted it by last friday cause I had to set up that other room for mom and dad. So he said this mattress and pointed to it, it the same as that mattress but it's called a Euro top. The other one was a pillow top. So I finally said ok. I acted pitiful and he throw in the king frame, and two pillows. lol Then Tom pipes up and says it's her birthday. The guy's jaw hit the floor and he said mine too! So we wished each other a happy birthday and he seemed tickled. lol

(Sunday)
So Sunday rolls along and I spend most of the day cleaning last minute stuff. I ironed the sheets for mom. The cats kept sneaking in the guest room because it normally stays shut and well cats are terribly nosey. So I get the mattress and get the bed made up and get the guest room fixed up. It really looks great, both rooms. So that night I go to bed. What happens? I can't get to sleep. If I do it's for a few minutes. All night, until about 6:30 am I did this. I finally feel asleep and woke up at around 8:45 am. Oh and I forgot the mention that I woke up Sunday morning because something was tickling my right boob.. It was a large black ant. Then making up the bed for my parents, there was a spider sitting on the pillow and it wouldn't leave. I guess the Goddess was making her presence known.

(Monday)
I was going to cook and mom said dad couldn't eat. I decided it wouldn't be a good idea to have the house smelling like a good meal with him unable to partake. So Mom and dad get there and I show mom the room and she says you didn't have to go to this trouble. I said I needed to fix the guestroom anyway. She smiled and told me how much she loved the comforter set and the bed. Then she went on to say but dad wouldn't let her buy anything like that because he said the comforters were too heavy on his feet. Then I showed her my bed and bragged how cool it was that I only paid $69.00 for the comforter set. Each bed had the $69.00 sets but they look great. So she liked that and we got them all set up. Dad complained about everything. He was feeling bad because he was taking medicine on an empty stomach. Which I do understand because I can't take stuff on an empty stomach either. The only thing he liked was a lemon. So he was busy in the bathroom we ran and made sandwichs and ate real quick. lol My sister and brother in law showed up, Matt had come down a little earlier. So we sat around and talked for a while. Then everybody left and dad went and got a shower. He was so out of it. I fell into bed thinking I needed to do some work to help them sleep and calm them down. So I got busy with the energy and fell asleep. It's the first time I've slept all night in quite a while.

My dreams had the same theme over and over. It was like someone was saying fine if you don't get it, then I'll show you a different way. The dream I remember the most was of a man and a child. The man was just a black silhouette and the child was easily seen. The man had my dad's voice and I didn't recognize the child. There was a bird between them. It looked like a heron. It was that really pretty steel blue gray they are. The bird would do it's wings out like it was adjusting a feather and then pull his wings back. It did this several times and the boy and man watched. Finally the man said well if it takes off that's it. The boy looked at the bird and said something along the lines of it wouldn't. The bird stretched it's wings again and hopped to take off. I remember catching my breath thinking oh no, it's leaving. As soon as it got off the platform it was on the boy grabbed it by the tail feathers and pulled it back. The bird curled around like cats do but puts it's back to the boys chest. It didn't try to bite him but was opening it's beak. Underneath this bird was completely white. Even it's face and beak were white. I remember looking at that thinking I'd never seen one colored like that. Then I woke.

When I woke I felt loved and comforted.

(Tuesday)
I woke at exactly 6:48 am to the sound of a crow complaining loudly. I panicked because I didn't hear mom and dad's alarm go off. So I jumped out of bed and saw they had already left. I was relieved. lol I thought the alarm may not have gone off. So I started my day slowly, I read all my emails and had breakfast. Then Figured I'd go to the office and get stuff done. Which was good because of course Tom forgot something he would need for a meeting. I had spoken with Gay and we were going to be at the hospital at 11:30 so we could have lunch with mom and Guy. Well, that didn't happen. I think we finally got there at 2:00. Gay had to deal with stuff Dale needed, then someone hid her keys, it took her 20 minnutes to find them. On her way down she got in a gulley washer and pulled off the road like everyone else was doing, a couple of times. We get to the hospital and there's no place to park. I sat there and asked the parking Gods to free up a space, which happened. A really good space too. I had asked the rain eariler to let us get inside the hospital before it rained too hard. Which again, we were allowed passage. So we get inside, the snack machine stole 65 cents from me. We get upstairs to dad's room and when we walked in, Dad was holding Mom's hand. He was asleep but hanging on. She smiled and said her hand was cramping. She pryed his grip open and he didn't move. SO we stayed until after 5:00. It was kind of funny cause mom kept trying to get the nurse to say you should go home tonight. The nurse however said it was up to mom. So I finally said why don't you come back to the house and get a good nights sleep because dad is going to sleep all night. So she was easily talked into that. So we had sandwiches for dinner, cause she wanted that. We sat and talked and had coffee. She was ready for bed and so was I. I didn't sleep worth a crap again. Same thing as Sunday night. I was so annoyed. When I did sleep a had such a nice dream. I don't know exactly where I was but there were two guys who were really good friends. (I'll call them friend 1 and friend 2 cause I have no clue who they were. Friend one had dark hair and friend two had red hair) I don't remember actually being interested in either one but they were interested. Oh I remember until one of them gave me a quick kiss I didn't realize they were interested. So the one gave me a kiss and took off, it was like a run by kissing. Then I was talking with his sisters. They were so funny. We were having a really good chat about the way things were here and the difference there. I had a magazine that had all kinds of horses and other things in it. I ran across the horses called Thunderbolt and I started telling one of the sisters all about the ones I had. I was showing her which ones I still had. He brother showed back up all smiles and started talking to me. I knew by what the conversation was, that I didn't want to talk with him about it. I didn't love him. He tried to get me alone and I avoided him. Then the other one showed up and I realized he felt he was protecting his best interest, me. I didn't know either felt like this really but then I just wanted to get out of there because they were best friends and I didn't want their friendship to end. I knew I was leaving in a couple of days so i'd be out of their lives. Then they got into a fight and I was really annoyed with them about it. I found myself back here but I had friend one with me and one of his sisters. I was showing them around here in the US. I took friend one by the hand and new that we were supose to be together. I felt safe and loved by him. At this point I knew all along I had loved him but didn't want to hurt friend 2's feelings. When I woke I was all smiles and happy.


I just got a call from mom. She said she slept like a log and only woke once when the frog got really loud. lol She said they had dad sitting up in a chair and that they wanted him to walk 3 times today. He had a bad night, as this stupid nurse came in and jerked the covers which jerked his legs up and caused him pain. He said he had had no pain until then. On top of that with her being spaskit she also caused the drain to open up and blood go everywhere. He was rightly pissed. So he has already complained but when I go there for lunch I'm going to remind them to complain to the doctor too. One nurse said for them to write to the hospital administrator and let them know.

So that's all for now.