Monday, November 08, 2004

One Adam Twelve, One Adam Twelve, see the lady at...

Ok, so some of you may not get the title. That's fine... Life will go on.


I mentioned a while back that a house on our road was burglarized twice in two weeks. I had noted a huge white van on the street that was just suspicious and that was before I was aware of the happens a few house down from me. Well I was sitting inside Saturday and lo and behold there is that van again. I watched it go down the street and then waited for it to come back. It finally showed up. It stopped in front of my house and then the house next to me. I watched it go around the corner and decided I'd go get the tag number. Then I changed my mind cause I'd have to find my cell phone and pocketbook not to mention my shoes. So I sat down to watch a movie. Ok fine it got the best of me so I hopped up found everything except the shoes and took off. This van must have been stopping in front of everyone's house because I caught up with it at the end of the street. So I whip in behind it following too close so I could get the tag number. Almost ran over a curb as I was putting the number into my phone. The van turned right and I followed. I decided I didn't have enough gasoline to follow very far so I pulled up beside the van to see who was driving. A female, olive complexion, black hair, dropping face. So I make a mental note about her looks and hook a U-turn and go back to the house. Then I think well I don't know who the detective is on the case so I call a buddy and inform him I'm Tom's ex-wife. Funny how Tom has tried to keep that from our police buddies... Bubba is surprised and is happy to help since I am alone. No he is just a good guy. So he find out who the detective is and phone number and says give them a call on Monday. So this morning I do just that. The detective is rather surprised that I had as much information as I did. Kind of laughed at me for pulling up beside her to have a look. hehe

A little later one of the other detectives on the case calls to verify the tag number. How sure are you the tag number is correct? I say well I was tailgating to get it. I'm 100%. He laughed. It seems that tag isn't coming up on record so he has to go about it a different way and just wanted to be sure.

So my civic duty to my fellow neighbors is done for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mab said...

Go you!

yours
Mab
xxxx

5:26 AM 
Blogger Georgia said...

I don't know if it is or not. I'll just say she is going to be someone they look for. It seems he feels this is a big break for him. The detective that is. I hope it is because I really dislike when someone steals from another person.

Thanks... I'm a nosey neighbor. hehe

Georgia

8:06 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home