Thursday, May 06, 2004

Last night felt like a bad dream. You know how when you are just coming out of a bad dream you still have all the emotions you did during the dream? That's the way I woke this morning. I was thinking was it really a bad dream or truth? All along I knew it was truth, just hoping it had been a bad dream. This has been a killer week for me. Too many emotions and I don't want o deal with them. I need to shut them off so I don't have to. There is just a part of a lyric that keeps playing in my head. "Like a dog on the street whose been beat too much". That's what I'm feeling right now. Funny I don't want to blame anyone for it though... It's just the way I feel. I'm tired of crying, I tired of trying to be happy. I guess I've got stuff to release yet.

These arms are strong enough to lift you up when you're feeling down
These arms are gentle enough to hold you safe in a storm
These arms are can keep out the demons that follow your steps
These arms are there to let you feel the wonders of the world

These hands guide you through the darkness of the night
These hands are there to help you to find the light in the world
These hands have the strength to tear down the walls around your heart
These hands have the knowledge to plant the seeds of hope

This heart has been burned to ashes
This heart has been tortured by deceit
This heart has been broken by careless whims
This heart has been reborn from all the past tragedies by the caring of one

This soul has known the pain of betrayal
This soul has wandered aimlessly
This soul rejoices in the beauty of the one that it has found
This soul now flies with the grace of an owl soaring majestically in the heavens.

I've gone through the first two, now I'm on the third and part of the fourth. The last two lines, I think I'll settle for the last line.